4th Annual World Dessert Table Championships – Coming Soon
Superhero Cake Winner of 2017 LA Cookie Con’s Dessert Table Championships
LA Cookie Con and Sweets Show by Annatainment is now accepting applications for the 4th Annual World Dessert Table Championships.
The World Dessert Table Championships celebrate the art of creating the perfect dessert buffet for weddings, baby showers, birthdays and other celebratory events. The theme for 2018, picked by our Head Judge, will be announced.
APPLICATION PERIOD: Entry into the World Dessert Table Championships will require a completed Entry Form submitted no later than Jan 1, 2018. By submitting your Entry Form you are certifying that if accepted you will compete and exhibit.
JUDGES: The World Dessert Table Championships will be judged by a panel of celebrity guests, luxury event planners and hosted by –to be announced.
The panel will judge on a point system ranking your table’s:
- Application of the Theme (10 points)
- Originality and Creativity (10 points)
- Use of Table Décor (10 points)
- Overall Eye Appeal (10 points)
- Selection of Desserts (10 points)
- Judges’ scores will be tallied to determine the winner of the title of 2018 WORLD DESSERT TABLE GRAND CHAMPION. In the event of a tie, the higher score for Overall Eye Appeal will be chosen.
- Attendees and fans from all over the world will also have the opportunity to vote for their favorite entry via social media until the close of the competition. The winning competitor will be awarded the title of FAN FAVORITE.
- A separate panel of bloggers will cast votes for the winner of the title of BLOGGERS’ CHOICE.
- One competitor will win the title of 2018 WORLD DESSERT TABLE CAKE CHAMPION.
- The Grand Champion will be on the cover of Cupcakes Magazine with a full interview feature. Each entrant will also get a one-page feature in the magazine. Cupcakes Magazine boasts 95,000 Twitter followers, 40,000 Facebook fans, 112,000 e-news subscribers, and an average time on site of 12 minutes, well above the average time on site of 1-2 minutes. It is one of the most authoritative online party magazines in the world.
- The Grand Champion will receive a prize pack valued at $250 and category winners will win prize packs valued at $100.
- A beautiful Trophy that you can proudly display showing your victory!
RULES TO JOIN:
This competition is open to professionals only. Associated fees:
A $50 table fee due by Oct 30, 2018
A $50 entry fee (100% donated to –charity listed to be announced.
COMPETITION SCHEDULE: This competition takes place at LA Cookie Con and Sweets Show on February 10, 2018. Your table must be ready to display by the event start time (8:30am). Judging will be after 2pm.
DESSERT TABLES RULES: All entries must be the work of only the person or business listed on the Entry Form. Participant may have personal or business identifying marks, advertisements, backdrops, photos, marketing materials, etc. displayed by their Dessert Table. All elements must be edible except for obviously non-edible pieces used for table dressing or decorations such as tableware, ribbons, tablecloths, dowels, etc. Your Dessert Table must be an original idea created specifically for this contest and never executed elsewhere before the contest.
The tables are 6 to 8 feet long and draped in white tablecloth and skirting. Each competitor will have a 2’ area for their display and a sign with their name/business name and social media profiles.
SELECTION OF DESSERTS: All desserts, including candy, must be made by the competitor/competitor’s business. All Dessert Tables MUST include at least 4 distinct desserts, including at least one cake and one cookie element. All other elements are the choice of the competitor, with the following exceptions:
– No whipped cream, pudding, ice cream, or anything that requires refrigeration.
– No alcohol or drinks (alcohol used in baked/cooked recipes is okay).
HOW TO APPLY: Please complete the application on our website, or e-mail email@example.com with the following information:
Your Name/Your Company Name
Your Website, Phone # and E-mail
At least two photos of previous dessert tables
Any additional information
Thank you, and good luck!
Could You Be Our Champion?
The Dessert Table is more than a trend: it’s a party host’s opportunity to thank their guests in the sweetest way possible.
It can be lavish, with a sky-high cake flanked by towers of macarons, or whimsical, with comfort food favorites such as donuts and cookies.
It is a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds.
We invite you to share your edible art with the world and claim the title of Grand Champion. This year’s competition is judged by Ron Ben-Israel and a panel of celebrity guests, bloggers, and luxury event planners. Our Media Sponsors American Cake Decorating, Yelp, LA Weekly and more are joining in on the fun.
Applications close whenever all slots are filled. You will be notified of our decision within 5 days of submitting your application. If you do not hear from us within 5 days please re-submit.
Enter the Championship
Completing this application certifies that, if accepted, you will compete in the 2017 World Dessert Table Championships and pay the $50 entry fee to be donated to the Epilepsy Foundation los Angeles. Good luck!